Friday 13 January 2012

tony tiptrip - we back in '82 (2009)



Been in a kitschy 80's mood recently so I figured I might share with you this mix I did back in 2009. It's called: 'we back in '82' which is a wordplay on this inside joke me and my friends shared back then. Well, without further ado, here's the mix along with the tracklist and a short info I wrote when the mix came out:

This time I'd like to take you on a musical journey through time and space...Hold on to your seats cause we're about to go back in time... 
The year is 1982: Atari has just introduced the hit game 'Pac Man', 'E.T.' earns millions of dollars in cinemas worldwide, Reagan declares his 'War on drugs' and Mr.T from the A-Team is just an anonymous, random bouncer in some dodgy nightclub... 
Think 1982, think 'Ghostbusters', think black leggings, tight Lycra mini skirts, leotards, leg warmers and green/pink nylon tracksuits! You get the picture?
Expect over-synthesised beats, soulful vocals, funky grooves and lyrics that are just as predictable as you'd expect them to be! Yeah, your right, it sure is kitsch, it sure is cheesy! But believe me - it'll make your ass go boompty-bop in no time! 
So getcha Ray-Ban's outta yer closet cause the '80s are now officially back!

Tracklist:

1. Shalamar - A Night to Remember (1982)
2. Dynasty - Love in the Fast Lane (1981)
3. The Whispers - It's a Love Thing (1980)
4. Midnight Star - Night Rider (1983)
5. The Whispers - In the Raw (1981)
6. Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage (1980)
7. The Whispers - Contagious (1984)
8. Midnight Star - Midas Touch (1986)
9. Midnight Star - No Parking on the Dancefloor (1983)
10. Midnight Star - Operator (1984)
11. Dynasty - I Don't Wanna be a Freak but I Can't Help Myself (1979)
12. Dynasty - Satisfied (1979)
13. Carrie Lucas - Dance with You (1979)
14. Ripple - The Beat Goes On and On (1977)
15. Instant Funk - I Got My Mind Made Up (Larry Levan mix) (1978)








 Spread the love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment